What are the key components of double glazing?
The double glazed unit, which slots into a window frame, is made up of a number of components.
- A spacer bar – this separates the two panels of glass
- Desiccant – a silicon material used in the spacer bar to absorb the moisture that stays within the cavity
- Primary seal – the main part that blocks the air or moisture into the double glazed unit
- Secondary seal – the functional glue located around the outside edge of the unit, connecting all of the parts
- The glass – specifically chosen during the creation stage
- The cavity – the gap formed between the component parts this can be filled with air or argon gas.
Answer count: 1